Open Call for VJ Competition in Autumn 2022!
Tampere Film Festival is inviting Finland-based Video Jockeys to take part in the festival’s first live-action VJ Competition. The submission is open during 25 May–31 August on FilmFreeway, and the final will be held as a LIVE Competition on 22 October 2022 at the Media and Light Event Projio in Tampere, Finland.
Read the rules and info below and join the Competition!
How to join?
You can take part in the VJ Competition by sending a demo video for pre-selection by 31 August.
The submission is open on FilmFreeway.Enter the Competition!
Rules & Terms
VJ Competition 2022 is open for visual artists living in Finland. You may participate in the competition by sending a short video for pre-selections during 25 May–31 Aug 2022. The Competition Jury will pick four finalists to perform in the Live Competition held at the Media and Light Event Projio in Tampere on Saturday 22 October 2022. In the Live Competition, each participant has a max. 25-minute showtime.
Awards & Prizes
Main Prize: 600 euros
Participation Reward for all finalists: 300 euros
+ Audience Award
The winner will be chosen by the Competition Jury.
- Open call for artists living in Finland
- Open from 25 May 12:00 until 31 August 23:59
- Video submissions via FilmFreeway
- Submission fee 5 €, only one submission per contestant
- Duration 1–2 min, video format MP4
- The material must be suitable for all ages
- The material should be scaled to match the facade of the LIVE-venue. Download materials here.
- The contestant must hold the copyrights or holder’s permission to the used material
- The organisers have the right to use max. 30 seconds clip and still images of the pre-selection material for marketing the competition, if the the work will be selected
- The Jury selects 4 best candidates to the final competition. To be selected, the contestant must be able to attend the LIVE competition in Tampere on Saturday 22 October.
- The contestants will be notified about the results by email on Thursday 15 September
- The finalists will be announced on Thursday 22 September on www.tamperefilmfestival.fi
- The final is arranged as a LIVE Competition at the Projio event on Saturday 22 October at 18:30–22:30. The event is free of charge and open for all ages.
- Projection venue: Väinö Linna square, Tampere (Väinö Linnan aukio)
- In the final competition, the VJ’s are mixing their visuals live on two walls at Väinö Linna square with two projectors. The VJ’s may choose to use either the same or different material on each wall.
- The final visuals will be accompanying live DJ’s randomly picked tunes. The VJ’s won’t be able to choose their own music.
- Each VJ has max. 25 minutes for their performance.
- The competition slots will be drawn and announced on the competition day.
Arrangements for the finalists
- The VJ’s will have a technical set-up and time for testing in the afternoon on Saturday 22 October. The last visual checks will be done in the dark just before the competition starts at 18:30.
- The VJ’s will be assisted and supported by the event’s own technician.
- All the technical equipment and VJ’s will have weatherproof working conditions.
- The organiser provides each finalist a 1-night accommodation for 1 person in Tampere during 22–23 October 2022.
- The organiser covers the finalists’ travel expenses in Finland by public transport (train, bus).
- The organiser offers each finalist 1 warm meal on the competition day.
- Each finalist gets a Participation Reward of 300 euros.
- One finalist will also win the Main Prize of 600 euros.
- If you have any questions about the Competition, just send a message to tffvj(a)tamperefilmfestival.fi
See you at Projio!
Media and Light Event Projio will be held at Finlayson Area 20–25 October 2022. Read more: www.projio.fi
Submission open: 25 May–31 August Tampere Film Festival is calling for Finland-based Visual Jockeys (VJ) to take
Konsta Fed has won the first VJ Competition organized by Tampere Film Festival with the work goofy-foot.
Tampere Film Festival is launching a new VJ competition in collaboration with media and light event Projio