How do I get from Helsinki-Vantaa airport to Tampere?
- There is a straight train connection from the airport to Tikkurila, where you have to change trains to Tampere. Mark Helsinki Airport as your location of departure and it will provide you with the tickets and stops for the full journey in one go. The train ride from Helsinki to Tampere will take approx. 1,5-2 hours depending on the type of the train line.
- Please note that the ticket prices go up if you’re buying the tickets on the day you are traveling. The prices can be anything from 10€ to 30€, so to save some money, we strongly recommend you to buy the train tickets in advance.
- Purchasing the train tickets: VR website
Do I need to use public transportation when moving around in Tampere during the Festival?
- We strongly recommend walking as the first transportation alternative. It is the easisest way since the distances are not long.
- The second recommended alternative would be to use public transportation.
- There are multiple bus and tram lines in Tampere. More information: public transport Nysse website.
- The trams and buses use the same ticket system.
- There are also the apps Taxi Tampere, Uber and Yango.
Is there an airline that flies straight to Tampere?
- There is an airport in Tampere-Pirkkala, however fewer companies fly there, so your best bet is to take a flight to the Helsinki-Vantaa airport.
How do I get from Tampere-Pirkkala airport to Tampere city center?
- The bus line 103 goes from Tampere-Pirkkala airport to the Tampere city center. The line is arranged according to the flight schedules.
- From the airport to Tampere: Bus 103 leaves in front of Terminal 1 approximately 30 minutes after the arrival of the flight. If the flight is delayed, the bus will wait for passengers within the limits allowed by the bus schedule (maximum 30 minutes).
- From Tampere to the airport: The bus 103 leaves from the center of Tampere about 1.5 hours before the flight’s departure. The trip takes about 30 minutes. The schedule of the bus may change due to changes in flight schedules. Check the detailed bus schedules for the line 103: Nysse or reittiopas.
How can I buy a bus ticket from Tampere-Pirkkala airport and what are the costs?
- You can use contactless card payment or purchase a mobile ticket using the Nysse mobiili -app. The airport is in zone C and Tampere in zone A so choose a zone ABC ticket.
- The ticket costs for adults aged 25 and over are 4.50€. The youth ticket costs for people aged 17 to 24 are 4.50€ with contactless card payment and 3.40€ with the Nysse mobiili app.
- Please note: Cash is not accepted for payment!
Do I need a visa, is my passport up to date?
- Please check in advance if there is a need for a visa or other documents when traveling to Finland from your location. You can check the information from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland’s website.
- Remember to check your passport period of validity.
Do I need a negative COVID-19 test certificate or certificate of COVID-19 vaccination when traveling to Finland?
The government has stated that all health security measures at Finland’s borders under the Communicable Diseases ended on 30 June 2022. This means that travellers arriving in Finland are no longer obliged to present any COVID-19 certificates or to be tested for COVID-19. You can check current information from the Finnish Government’s official website.