Sat 13 March | 2pm–3.15pm | In English | Online: Deal Room. Recording available until 21 March
The goal of this industry session is to focus on how to take our audiovisual industry towards a more equal and inclusive future. Panelists will discuss how our film and TV industry currently reflects the point of view of indigenous peoples and immigrants. How are these two minority groups portrayed in the media? And how can we improve the situation through clear, concrete actions?
- Activist, journalist Renaz Ebrahimi
- Canan Turan (GER), film educator, lecturer, documentary filmmaker and activist
- Liisa Holmberg, film Commissioner / International Sámi Film Institute
- Erol Mintaş, award winning filmmaker, founder and artistic director of Academy of Moving People and Images AMPI
- Liv Inger Somby (NO), Assistant Professor of indigenous journalism, Sámi language and film education / Sámi allaskuvla (Sámi University of Applied Sciences) and member of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Norway
- Suvi West, Finnish-Sámi director – screenwriter (Eatnameamet – Hiljainen taistelumme, Sparrooabbán – Me and My Little Sister)